Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Video Chat

Avatar 3D, a 2 hour and 40 minute long film, stands as strong testimony to the importance of life event videography. Having seen it with my husband and close friends who are soon to be married, I am left with just that message from the bride to be. Her thoughts are to capture a private ceremony for 25 guests and share it, at a later date, at a much larger and less intimate reception for many, many more people.

My own daughters echo my thoughts and words as to how video is a living legacy for them to pass onto their own children. An emotional account of an event with memorable narrative is a timeless, priceless gift for any family. As quickly as Avatar transports the audience through time so does a life event video. Sari and Ally will take the argument a step further with the reminder of daily video chats on their Macs. Shared chat sessions allow them to look back at YouTube pieces which they created at younger ages. They can relive those moments at any given time. So, why not milestone occasions?

The soundtrack of Avatar appeal to me as much as any special effect does. Certain songs take me back in time to wonderful memories. I think of how I recently logged onto a friend's up and coming high school reunion website only to find a play list for my listening pleasure. The music is that of the decade in order to relive youth and all of the fun associated with it. So, why not for life events? Many times I am guilty of playing a song over and over (and over ) again in order to go back in time.

2 hours and 40 minutes is a long time to sit. It's long enough to leave the theater a bit older! The passage of time does that to me...to all of us. I am mindful that certain family members are getting on in years and that health issues will cause them to be incapable of joining me for special times. Alzheimer's and other cruel diseases will not let them share their thoughts on a day's festivities. Videography captures them at their best and they remain that way, in my mind, forever.

The groom to be left me with the impression that he is not sold on the concept of video. I giggle. This reaction from a man who has his golf swing captured on camera in an effort to become a better player. Does he , or do I , really want to relive lessons to be learned?!

Smile for the camera!
www.jorosenfeld.com joro1811@aol.com jo rosenfeld major occasions on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment