Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Pictures



I notice that , in some industries, the head shots of professionals don't change from year to year (to year). Granted, there is something to be said for stopping time and being seen at one's personal best. My children, however, have cause me to see the benefits of growing old gracefully...even in the eye of the camera ! Armed with cellphone camera settings, they spend their days caught up in a photojournalistic frenzy. Uploading the images has become an art in itself. By dinnertime, on any given day, the world at large can bear witness to how they grow. Today, I send my camera buffs off to school to focus on work. A decision is made to waive a cup of coffee for a Venti-sized dose of conversation with some of the photographers with whom I work.

On the other side of the lens, a Westchester photographer shares his passion for the technological revolution which drives his market. His select computer applications allow him to put the client in the editor's chair. Seated side by side, he and his client run through each image in order to adjust them...tweak them...do minor nips and tucks while maintaining the integrity of his craft. He tells me that he has been able to pass along the wisdom of being able to put one' best face forward while still being recognizable by passers by on the street. Softening the effects of a stressful life and making his client smile long after the picture has been taken is his specialty.

A Westfield , N.J. based photographer tells me how she lives for the intimacy of emotional portraiture. She is fortunate to share the excitement and capture the love of newly blended families. Grandparents from across the world are meeting their grandchildren for the very first time. In the studio there are many windows shedding natural light. Photo memories with signs of aging will be welcome at the shoot. Her gift to the family is the option of a personal visit to their home with the goal of displaying photographs in such a way that they remain timeless.

One quick peak at my website and Facebook before I go to work on my blog entry.
I stop to take a quick look at my own profile photo. The photographer, who has a knack for putting me at ease, captures personality and a business persona which I can live with. Now, the question is not whether or not to update the photo but one of when to do so? Do I go the route of some news journalists whose columns
have the same image for 25 years? Do I aim my iPhone at myself, strike a pose, turn myself hot pink and post it on Facebook? Do I call a photographer and give myself a birthday gift for the inevitable up and coming 50th this Spring? What do you think? The answer makes me smile!

jo@jorosenfeld.com www.jorosenfeldmajoroccasions.com
jo rosenfeld major occasions on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment