Monday, February 1, 2010

Local Talent: Part Two


" IT TAKES A VILLAGE "

What would my Chappaqua neighbor H.R.C. do? If she were home, I mean, and not traveling the world in an attempt to keep the lines of communication open. My best guess is that she would be seen around town taking care of business on a much more local level. I am trying to put myself in her shoes and support the town's local talent in a fragile economy. Change begins at home before it moves out into the world at large.

I am running (or driving as any given day would have me doing) on the concept that
time, itself, is a commodity. So, I am in my car and off to take care of too many things in too little time. En route, just a few blocks away from my home, lives a woman who is an event decor diamond in the rough. Ironically, she and I grew up only blocks away from one another . The connection seems almost fated.

She prides herself on being very spiritual, wearing it around her neck and on the
passenger side door of her car for all to see. There's an energy about her which is reflected in her projects. Vision. Raw space morphs into illuminated lounges. Lighting and large scale decor seem to be her forte. Peace , love and an affordable event of a lifetime. After my stops I will send her the name of someone who
is searching the state for the exact talent which exists in her own backyard! I am not solving world issues but I am trying to help Chappaqua heal one event at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment