Monday, February 8, 2010

ON "60 MINUTES." IN 60 SECONDS...OR SO!


"60 Minutes" is one of the select few t.v. shows I like to tune in on. It's a really effective distraction for me as I put five miles behind me on a treadmill taking me nowhere fast. I think that I like the fact that the journalists on the show ask the "tough" questions...the ones most ask only in the privacy of their own minds or homes. I choose to believe that "60 Minutes" is true to life. So, imagine my horror when I learned, a few weeks ago, that a vice presidential candidate had been chosen from an interview on YouTube the night before her introduction to the world! No news stories or exposes broke on Monday morning denying the assertion , so I choose to believe that it is fact and not fiction.

On a weekly basis, I am asked two tough questions over and over again. The first question concerns my personal life and , usually,is a variation of "Can you bring me...I forgot...please? " It comes from one of my daughters. I have learned , without the help of the "60 Minutes" team, that many are asked the same tough question with regularity. The second question relates to my business. "Are people still celebrating?" In 60 seconds, not 60 minutes, the truth: YES!

It would not take an hour to explain that the economical down slide has shifted celebratory trends. While some events are cut from corporate budgets, private
celebrations continue to occur. Charitable functions push forward. A weak economy actually serves to strengthen my clients as consumers. They are more mindful than ever of how and where they are spending their money. When I meet with them, as well as with my vendors, I find that they have found great comfort in having options. They have become more creative in response to market trends. The notion that "nothing is new under the sun" is false. New venues continue to emerge. Promotional items reinvent themselves with each season. There is always a new twist on cuisine. When the going gets tough, the creative juices get going.

The downside of options as an m.o. ( the "60 Minutes" crew seems to show the positive and the negative sides of any given story) is that there seems never to be enough time to get the "to do" list of research down to a manageable size, while holding down a career , family and household. I have, therefore, become known as "party personal shopper." I do the research for my clients and provide the best possible options needed to fulfill their wish lists. In doing so, I share vendors and talents who provide service with integrity. Pricing is
appropriately set to sell. As the market dips so does stress over wasted funds!

Truth: The party's on at Jo Rosenfeld Major Occasions.
www.jorosenfeld.com
914 - 419 - 2368
jo@jorosenfeld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment